New Player Help for Hollow Knight: Silksong covers various information that will help a player understand the basics of the game's mechanics as well as recommended things to do before starting the game.
- Walkthrough: A detailed area walkthrough of the game.
- Lore: Learn about the story and setting of the game.
- Controls: Check the overview of the game's default controls for each platform.
- Combat: Read about an explanation of the basic combat and movements of the game.
- Tools & Crests: Check out the various equipment you can discover throughout the game.
Hollow Knight: Silksong New Player Help
*** Please take note that the information listed is still subject to change.
Talk to EVERYONE
Hollow Knight: Silksong is a game where it pushes a player to interact with almost anything and anyone you can encounter. We are introduced into a new kingdom that is filled with various NPCs and a new set of enemies and bosses, and it is recommended that you "listen" to them and make sure to run through their dialogues every time you encounter at least one that you can talk to. These hostile and non-hostile beings add more flavor and information that you will need to understand the story of the game, while other NPCs provide the player Quests that will reward you with various aid items.
Rest at Benches
The game's mechanic of resting at benches returns in Hollow Knight: Silksong. It is expected that players will be exploring a brand new kingdom with different locations, secret areas, and much more. And in conjunction with this, using a bench whenever you find one is very important since resting on it can be used for multiple things, such as a checkpoint, recovery of health, rebuilding tools and organizing and equipping it.